Initially, adopting new technology can be intimidating, but in the long run, it helps reduce the burden of completing cumbersome tasks. The daily life of working professionals can be made much easier by leveraging the modern technology at their disposal. Thanks to reduced costs and efficient operations, the company management will be left satisfied with the internal services. Emerging technology such as AI-powered personal assistants will aid in mundane tasks, thus leaving employees with free time to undertake productive tasks. This whitepaper provides six important functionalities of the modern service desk that can help lower costs, increase efficiency and provide better quality services in the organization.
Benefits of Using New Technology at Your Service DeskThere are numerous benefits of incorporating new technology with existing ones. Modern, innovative solutions help technicians and engineers minimize time-consuming aspects of processes that would otherwise slow them down. Currently, organizations face several operational difficulties such as:
- Lack of structure in IT support processes
- Measuring staff efficiency
- Time wastage on "routine" calls
- Tracking asset repair history
- Service and departmental "silos"
- Reduced costs
- Satisfied customers and culture of quality
- Create an environment for success
- Increase operational efficiency
How to Leverage New Technology to Avail BenefitsThe whitepaper lists six customizable functionalities to implement in organizations. They can help create a larger impact by lowering costs, improving efficiency and providing better quality once they are strategically deployed. Some of the methods of leveraging new technology to avail maximum benefits are:
1. AutomationUsers can submit their tickets at the service desk and instead of technicians making routine decisions, technology takes over from there on. Based on the category of the ticket, the simple data is routed by site and/or department and custom field processes using VIP automation.
2. Knowledge ManagementKnowledge Centered Support (KCS) methodology is necessary to maximize the flow of business in an organization. As resources are shared across departments and reorganized using tags and categories, employees can benefit from the optimal search functionality.
3. Artificial IntelligenceAI is steadily making its presence felt in our daily lives. E.g. Google Maps and Uber. Similar to bots, service desk solutions suggest ticket information to users based on their language or originating site. Moreover, bots like "Einstein" will offer preventative and predictive measures for technicians.
4. Service Desk ScoreThe modern service desk can monitor hundreds of KPIs This actually provides more information than required to understand service efficiency in the organization. Hence, it can be personalized to prioritize and offer one score that is derived from multiple KPIs. This is then used to grade overall service desk performance and ROI against other organizations.
Key Takeaways from the Whitepaper "Six Indispensable Features of the Modern Service Desk"
- Companies and professionals can adopt new technology to complete their cumbersome tasks
- Emerging technology offers multiple benefits for the modern service desk
- How new technology can be leveraged to achieve the benefits
- List of six indispensable functionalities for the modern service desk