We have more options for note taking today than ever before. These are sticky notes, notebooks, voice memos and more. But this doesn't mean increased options automatically lead to increased productivity or innovation. By following the right note taking habits, we can capture our best ideas while also boosting retention, creativity, and collaboration. In addition, modern note taking gives the opportunities to visualise ideas in ways when one never have before, expanding the innovative space and transforming the way one can create. Together, this allows a method of note taking that’s easy to organise, share, save and access while improving retention, creativity and collaboration.
What is The Modern Note Taker?Digital methods of note taking have grown in popularity over the last few years in particular. Applications like Evernote and OneNote have risen in popularity, with the former receiving enthusiastic reviews from many sites including this one and supporting many devices, including the iPhone. This makes it an excellent choice when it comes to ubiquitous capture. But digital note taking methods fall down in a few important areas; drawing diagrams, sketches and mind maps is usually impossible and where it is possible, by no means a pleasant experience. Any sort of visualization is limited when it comes to digital note taking, and not just when it comes to diagrams, but the ability to fashion text in any format not based on the paragraph.
Significance of Note taking with Digital revolutionThere are many reasons for taking notes, but it’s essential to first look at the bases in deciding which particular technique of note taking is best in the current time. Different note taking requests different note-taking methods and the significance of all of these requirements to each of us varies radically. Here are a few reasons why might you need to take notes?
- Solving difficulties: note taking supports as a process of arranging out the changeable opinions in your mind with an extra demonstrative medium.
- Conception: with the help of chart, diagram and drafts picturing difficult classifications and perceptions.
- Universal capture: a note-taking system to assist you to capture thoughts, opinions and vital information anytime. It is to make sure that you never disremember anything.
Simple Note Taking TechniquesWhile study invalidates using our notes like an overturned Rorschach test to examine our traits that surely doesn’t make them any less individual. Notes are something beyond transcriptions and doodles; they are the normal initial phase in execution, the underlying flash of advancement. Our affection for a pen on paper isn’t the only sentimentality in real life; it’s our brains requesting to be locked in. By substituting the majority of a keyboard with the flexibility of a ballpoint pen, we are allowed to work, live and make any place we see fit. Split far from the work area and pursue motivation in your general surroundings. Products like Microsoft’s Surface and the Livescribe 3 smartpen let you weigh down the natural tendencies for scratching down notes and draws to the high abilities of cloud innovation.
Key Takeaways from the Whitepaper titled, "The Innovator's Guide to Modern Note Taking"
- Modern note taking enables to stop the disorganized note taking activities
- Typing less improves recall, comprehension, and creativity
- Doodling can actually improve productivity, thus leading higher results
- Ways in which the cloud can improve your organization and collaboration skills