The field of business software is forming to have a huge chunk of specialized tools for management, marketing, finance, human resources, and other such strategy-centric departments. For sales, however, the surge of available tech is a very recent development. No matter how skilled in pitching your workforce is, it’s very tough to close sales, nurture leads and move leads along the sales funnel if the selection of the target audience is misleading. This is exactly where Sales Intelligence plays a great role. Sales intelligence is using a particular type of information to keep the conversation going with your leads in order to close a sale. The reason being, it provides more specific information from the customer, so you can provide better service to them.
What is Sales Intelligence?Sales intelligence is an array of technologies, practices, and applications. It allows the presentation, integration, evaluation, collation, and analysis of customer data. Sales intelligence gives sales organizations pertinent information and better insight into who their campaigns are reaching, the prospects they are selling to and thus helping them to come up with solutions that will result in better performance of sales teams. Sales intelligence is useful only when it delivers what it has committed to deliver. It is basically implementing the right ideas at the right time and with the right resources.
Challenges Faced in a Sales ProcessNo company is exempt from sales challenges. Sales teams that have high performing also come across roadblocks while developing customer relationships and communicating effectively with prospects. Successful companies have the ability to strategically surpass all kinds of sale challenges, this is what sets them apart. But the reals question is, how exactly can you do the same in today’s changing sales landscape? Here are the top sales challenges faced by teams:
- Finding qualified leads
- Sales and marketing alignment
- Data quality and management
- Standing Apart from Competitors
- Maintaining customer relationships post-sale
- Client success and retention
How does Sales Intelligence Help?
1. Prospecting:The sales process begins with prospecting. Sales intelligence helps organizations to proceed by using specific sales triggers that influence the purchasing decisions of the target audience. A strong intelligence platform brings together multiple sources of predictive and actionable intelligence, alerting sales and marketing teams to early-stage opportunities as they arise.
2. Organizational ChartsClosing a sale on an average requires between 4-5 decision-makers. You can provide your team with an organizational chart by implementing sales intelligence. This gives visibility to the decision-making process while keeping relevant decision-makers in the loop.
3. Aligning Sales and MarketingFor the sales process to function efficiently, the sales team has to work in tandem with the marketing team. By threading quality data through various CRM systems, intelligence platform integrations keep respective teams working efficiently and feeding positive results. Integration also instills trust: Both in the data and in the work conducted by the other department.
4. Great ContentDetailed content improves the performance of any sales organization, but it also works the other way around. By creating content that is relevant and useful to your audience, you’re encouraging them to move along the sales funnel. It helps with lead generation too as sales intelligence ensures that the content will reach the right people, at the right place, and at the right time.
Key Takeaways from 'The Power of Sales Intelligence'
- Sales intelligence helps you skip the middle-man and go straight to the decision-maker, effectively shortening the sales process
- When you can find the right people with one click, you can spend more time refining your sales and marketing efforts to make the biggest impact
- Sales Intelligence helps you identify prospects specific pain points so you can personalize your messages directly to them
- Sales Intelligence enhances and assists in growing your business and increasing revenue.